Primary responsibilities involve providing technical support for clinicians in the Community Practice and providing clinical assistance, participating in the instruction and support of DVM students. The incumbent works closely with all faculty, staff and students to achieve the goals of the University’s program and values.
- Animal restraint
- Catheter placement
- Blood collection
- IV, IM and SQ injections
- Full TPR and Physical Exams
- Cleaning cages, exam rooms and surroundings
- Stocking exam rooms
- Assisting with lab preparation for Surgery Lab I and II
- Assist with surgery procedures
- Use of standard diagnostic imaging equipment
- Completes other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position.
- Minimum 4 CXC Subject passes (including English)
- Science subject(s) preferred
- Prior experience working with animals
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently
- Able to prioritize and work under pressure
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) offers a unique program of training on the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean. A cutting-edge curriculum, with innovative use of technologies and simulations, provides the best possible training for tomorrow’s veterinarians. Students benefit from seven semesters of integrated preclinical and clinical studies at our St Kitts campus, and one year of clinical training at our affiliate veterinary teaching hospitals in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.
Our ongoing research focuses on key issues strategically relevant to One Health in tropical and developing countries and includes zoonotic diseases, food safety and security, environmental health, and conservation medicine. We prioritize recruitment of talented faculty and are now seeking a key new member of our team to join us as we develop new programs to best prepare our graduates to face the global opportunities and challenges of veterinary medicine in the 21st century.