To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicant must possess the ability to:
- Work with a diverse team in a variety of field conditions and must be able to walk at least 5 miles in soft sand.
- Capture and assimilate data
- Process biological samples in the laboratory
- Utilize relevant computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Communicate with a broad audience regarding the projects they are assigned. This will at times include presenting to a group regarding sea turtle natural history and biology.
- Be adaptable
- Carry themselves professionally
- Be punctual and demonstrate respect for animals and colleagues
- Have transport
- Be open to additional training in applicable fields such as clinical pathology and management
- Must be able to swim.