The Grants Management Specialist will be an integral contributor to RUSVM’s goal of establishing a high profile research program, which informs the RUSVM curriculum and enhances the student learning and teaching experience. The post holder will contribute to seeking and securing external research income streams and all operations of internal and external grants management administration.
The Grants Management Specialist will be responsible for providing administrative support to students, faculty and research fellows associated with research activities from all intramural and extramurally funded projects. As part of the Associate Dean for Research and Postgraduate Studies administrative team, this position reports to the Research & Postgraduate Lead Administrator contributing to the overall work of the postgraduate and research administrative support team. The duties will focus on stimulating and administrating extramural funding and managing intramural projects from all four RUSVM Research Centers. The Grants Management Specialist will also proactively engage with relevant sections of the organization for process engineering and best practice development.
Completes other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration or social sciences, Master's preferred, and 5-7 years’ experience in contracts and grant administration support activities.
• Experience in a university environment.
• Ability to provide committee administrative support and work with confidential business information.
• Excellent knowledge of applicable IT systems, such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and electronic database systems.
• Experience with US, Canadian, EU and/or foundation grant finding.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work effectively with individuals and groups with diverse cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies in a global environment is also desirable.
• Fluency in English
• Certified Research Administrator credential or commitment to earn within 2 years of employment.
• Fluency/working knowledge in Spanish
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Qualified applicants apply by submitting a curriculum vitae (CV) and letter of intent to http://veterinary.rossu.edu/about/careers-at-rusvm.html or address inquires to Cynthia.Butchley@Adtalem.com
References will be requested prior to on-campus interviews. File review will begin upon receipt of the completed applications, and continue until the position is filled.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) offers a unique program of training on the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean. A cutting-edge curriculum, with innovative use of technologies and simulations, provides the best possible training for tomorrow’s veterinarians. Students benefit from seven semesters of integrated preclinical and clinical studies at our St Kitts campus, and one year of clinical training at our affiliate veterinary teaching hospitals in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.
Our ongoing research focuses on key issues strategically relevant to One Health in tropical and developing countries and includes zoonotic diseases, food safety and security, environmental health, and conservation medicine. We prioritize recruitment of talented faculty and are now seeking a key new member of our team to join us as we develop new programs to best prepare our graduates to face the global opportunities and challenges of veterinary medicine in the 21st century.