The Security Operations Specialist is responsible to the Department of Safety & Security leadership for ensuring that all duties and tasks assigned to him/her are completed in a timely manner. He/she is to ensure that information on security projects including investigation or other matters being worked on is shared with regular updates given to the security leadership. This shall include but not limited to projects, investigation in off/ on-campus incidents including stolen, missing or lost property, traffic incidents and other accidents. He is responsible to carry out all functions as described in the RUSVM policies, procedures and all protocols that he should perform.
The Security Operations Specialist is responsible for the following Essential Functions:
· Work closely with management in developing effective strategies for combating crime on and off – campus
· Investigate campus crime incidents and submit a summary report
· Geotag reported crime incidents and suspicious activities reported in the RUSVM community
· Oversee crime map updates and verify accuracy of crime locations and community addresses
· Conduct crime trends analysis and submit a weekly report
· Liaise with the police to obtain police reports and updates on investigations
· Check all CAD incident reports and follow up as required and necessary.
· Remain up to date on emerging trends in the fields of public safety, university security, and crime prevention
· Conduct residential security assessments
· Liaise with property owners regarding property security improvement
· Obtain and verify GPS updates (community addresses) for accuracy
· Assist with crime incidents analysis and annual Clery crime report update
· Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned
· Prioritizes tasks, sequencing and resourcing as appropriate to maintain progress.
· Identifies and addresses obstacles ensuring appropriate resolution.
· Completes other duties as assigned.
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Security Operations Specialist will be expected to work with minimal supervision. The Security Operations Specialist will report directly to the Security Operations Manager with a dotted line to the Deputy and Director of Safety and Security. The Security Operations Manager will be responsible for providing guidance and conduct annual performance reviews.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education (Type of qualification): 4 CXC Subject Passes preferred (including English)
· Specialized Knowledge for Performance of Job: Good analytical skills capable of analyzing crime hot spots, crime trends, writing proper incident reports, and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
· A highly motivated individual
· Must be able to effectively communicate in English and be highly computer literate.
· Possess strong interpersonal skills.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in the security environment.
· Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office, Windows 2000, XP and database application.
· Proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) offers a unique program of training on the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean. A cutting-edge curriculum, with innovative use of technologies and simulations, provides the best possible training for tomorrow’s veterinarians. Students benefit from seven semesters of integrated preclinical and clinical studies at our St Kitts campus, and one year of clinical training at our affiliate veterinary teaching hospitals in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.
Our ongoing research focuses on key issues strategically relevant to One Health in tropical and developing countries and includes zoonotic diseases, food safety and security, environmental health, and conservation medicine. We prioritize recruitment of talented faculty and are now seeking a key new member of our team to join us as we develop new programs to best prepare our graduates to face the global opportunities and challenges of veterinary medicine in the 21st century.